Sunday, August 1, 2010

Potstickers!

On Friday afternoon, a friend on Ravelry posted about having potstickers for lunch and set aflame a craving in me. I had to have potstickers, and there was no way I wasn't going to get them!

So I trolled the net, looking at recipes. I finally found one that was incredible! - the instructions were clear and easy to follow, and including a recipe for the wrapper dough so that I didn't have to buy that pre-made.

So I called Hans, who was going to the grocery anyway, and asked him to get the ingredients I needed. He did, along with a few other things (we had decided to have an impromptu little dinner party). So I set to work when he got home making the potstickers.

I got a bit of help from Jeff when it came time to assemble - he filled the dough and closed it as I rolled it out. Then I lightly fried them so they were browned on one side, then transferred them to my stockpot/steamer unfried side down and steamed them. They were wonderful!!

I also made my own sauce - homemade chili oil (just put about 1/4 cup crushed red pepper into a glass jar, topped it up with twice as much veggie oil, closed, shook vigorously, then let sit), soy sauce, a splash of fish sauce and a splash of sesame oil.

So very, very good.

Oh - and instead of cutting the cabbage, Hans went ahead and just got a bag of coleslaw (it was on sale, heads of cabbage weren't), and it worked beautifully! We didn't skimp on the ginger, though - that was fresh!




1 comment:

  1. Sounds fabulous. Next time for the sauce try soy sauce, rice vinegar and a touch a sesame oil! LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete